Thursday 5 November 2020

Quick Q & A With Bobby Bluebell

Social media has frequently been a shining light  during this long period of restrictions and lockdown.   Finding that glimmer of positivity from Twitter users and Facebook friends has certainly help to lift my mood at times.


I've been a longtime follower of Bobby Bluebell on Twitter & enjoy the interaction he has with so many people about sport, music and politics.   The optimism, energy & enthusiasm Bobby shares is infectious, so I wanted to find out how he has kept that going through 2020 & was delighted when agreed to a quick catch up.


Q. Are you working on any new material?

A. Always... new bluebells album .. new fat cops album.. possibly new best picture record and writing with other artists.


Q. How have you been keeping yourself busy?

A. Focussing on new tracks for these albums has been a big help.


Q. What has been your biggest challenge?

The same as nearly everyone in the music business learning to cope with an uncertain future.


Q. Where have you found strength at difficult times?

Family and friends.. being inspired by so many great people on twitter...golf for getting me out of the house ..Glasgow’s a big help .. its a beautiful place in every way.


Q. If you could go back to March & give yourself some advice - what would it be?

I think I realised early we were in this for a long time ..nothing has surprised me


Q. What have you learned about yourself?

A. I'm stoic and less lazy than I imagined...


Q. Did you pick up any new skills?

A. Mostly on Logic Pro X .. i like taking pictures ...and got a little better at golf


Q.. What have you missed most?

A. Everything involving people.. contact  


Q. What will be the biggest challenge facing the live music scene when we start to move out of lockdown?

A. Nothing it will explode if its safe .. the biggest challenge facing music is the tory government.. and the ridiculously low steaming payment rates 


George & The Song i love so well

When I think of my brother, I always have an immense send of pride and joy.  Reading the many emotional posts from musicians, pubs and frien...